Working at the Ramallah Friends School is a meaningful and exciting experience. We are the leading PK-12 school in Palestine, offering a rigorous academic curriculum through the International Baccalaureate Organization. The school’s two campuses are located in the twin towns of Ramallah and El-Bireh, approximately ten miles north of Jerusalem. Ramallah is a developing, dynamic, and cosmopolitan city with a bustling city-center and a vibrant community.
We seek to employ experienced and energetic faculty and staff to join our community and help educate the next generation of Palestinian leaders. Our team is constantly working to provide professional development opportunities and offers ongoing support to all members of our community.
Take a look at the short video linked here, the Ramallah Municipality produced in 2017 introducing the beautiful city of Ramallah, home to our Lower School - and adjacent to the city of El-Bireh where our Upper School Campus is situated.
Upper Campus job openings for the Academic year 2021-2022:
IB Diploma Program Psychology Teacher
English Teacher (Grades 6-10)
Science Teacher (Grades 6-8) (Taught in English)
Math Teacher (Grade 9-10) (Taught in English)
PE Teacher (Grades 6-10)
Preferred Qualifications for Teachers
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in the subject they wish to teach (Masters of Education Diploma are preferred)
- For learning support teachers, a bachelor’s degree in learning support/special education is required.
- Teaching Experience in the IB Middle Years Program and/or the Diploma Program/or experience in other academic International Programs is preferred
- Teaching Experience in other academic programs is preferred
- Fluent in spoken and written academic English and the ability to teach in English (for subjects taught in English).
At RFS, we believe that teachers are our most important asset. With that comes a commitment for their professional growth. Staff members are encouraged to participate in continuing education and training courses, approved by the Principal, which will enhance their effectiveness as employees at Friends Schools. Our staff development scheme covers the range of programs available at RFS, mainly the IB Diploma Program (DP), the Middle Years Program (MYP), and the Primary Years Program (PYP). For more on our school's training policy, click here.